- 19 October – 21 November, 2012
- 24 October - 9 December, 2013
"Cardinal Spin did an extraordinary job at spreading the word of our HOLA MEXICO FILM FESTIVAL in Australia! We reached all targeted media. They where able to do everything and above to keep us and our sponsors happy. Looking forward to many more years working with Amber, Katie and everyone at the CS team."Samuel Douek - Festival Director
HOLA MEXICO FILM FESTIVAL
Combining family-friendly films with fiestas, dramas and documentaries, the annual Hola Mexico Film Festival has a proud tradition of embracing, celebrating and questioning all that is Mexico. The Festival takes place every October/November in various cities in Australia and has brought local audiences some of the most important films to have come out of Mexico.
* Cardinal Spin's first year working with the Festival saw a considerable spike in total media coverage, which led to a huge jump in ticket sales on previous years.
* In 2013, Cardinal Spin continued to grow the Festival’s media profile, securing hundreds of pieces of coverage across print, broadcast and digital platforms. Cardinal Spin also managed VIP RSVP lists, which included key media, talent and respected names from Sydney’s Latin community.
* In addition to traditional PR initiatives, Cardinal Spin adopted a direct marketing approach to promoting the Festival, targeting local Mexican/Spanish and Latin communities, as well as synergistic businesses and organisations. Flyers and posters for the Festival were also personally delivered to key locations, with social media being utilised in conjunction with ticket giveaways for readers/followers.
* Cardinal Spin also conceived, planned and executed the first ever Hola Sol Festival Cantina for the Sydney leg of the Festival. Running throughout the Festival, the Cantina was a Mexican pop-up bar that acted as an activation space for each night’s events – offering live music, food, workshops, talks and art exhibits. The Cantina alone generated an additional 31 media mentions for the Festival.
* Combined communications, marketing and event efforts saw Sydney’s Hola Mexico Film Festival opening night draw its highest attendance in the Festival’s history. Present at Opening Night were journalists/presenters from Alternative Media Group, FBi Radio, 2ser, The AU Review, The Brag, Daily Sydney, The Spotlight Report and LatinHub.