- January 26, 2013
- January 26, 2014
THE ROCKS AUSTRALIA DAY
The Rocks Australia Day is an annual music, community and cultural festival on Australia Day held in Sydney's historic The Rocks. Each year, the festival celebrates a diverse range of Australia's best musical talents. The free event attracts large crowds to the sun-bathed waterfront with a full day of music, market stalls, activities and other entertainment.
* Cardinal Spin managed and executed the communications campaign for The Rocks Australia Day celebrations in both 2013 and 2014, publicising the festival’s free community offerings including music performances, arts exhibitions, street activations, market stalls and more. The campaigns were aimed at not only drawing crowds to the event, but also reinforcing The Rocks’ position as one of Sydney’s leading cultural precincts.
* In 2013 and 2014 combined, Cardinal Spin confirmed more than 300 media placements for The Rocks Australia Day events across print, television, radio and digital outlets.
* Coverage highlights spanned print, TV and radio mediums. Print coverage included the cover of Best Weekend (Daily Telegraph), mX, Sydney Morning Herald (The Shortlist), Sun Herald, Brag, Drum, City Hub, The Music, Sydney City News, Gold Coast Bulletin and Arafura Times.
* Broadcast highlights included Channel Ten News, Channel Nine News, Channel Seven News, NITV, ABC 702, FBi, 2SER, 2GB, Eastside Radio and Koori Radio.
* For the 2013 event, Cardinal Spin organised Ash Grunwald to be flown to Sydney for a press day which included photo shoots with mX, Sydney Morning Herald and a radio interview on ABC 702 with James Valentine. Ash was also organised to attend and perform at the Australia Day Council Media Call where all TV crews attended as well as various other media outlets.
* Digital coverage highlights included The Australian, Sydney Morning Herald, Daily Telegraph, Australian Associated Press, Concrete Playground, Broadsheet, TimeOut, The AU Review, Music Feeds, Everguide and Urban Society.
* At both festivals, Cardinal Spin managed a photographer to capture the events with shots of all artists, festival infrastructure, iconic shots around crowd images.