- 16 November, 2012
- 1 December, 2012
- 11-13 October, 2013
"Cardinal Spin handled all of Word Travels' absurd requests for pomp and circumstance: large ego boosting articles, dramatic publicity stunts, celebrity swanning and just plain ol' press release revisions and local coverage with a degree of calm, enthusiasm and insight that had us smiling most of the time. We received national radio and TV coverage for Word Travels' Festival and Australian Poetry Slam plus a slew of print and online features that we are still showing off to our board and stakeholders. Thanks CS!"Miles Merrill - Creative Director - Word Travels Festival
WORD TRAVELS FESTIVAL
Stemming from the huge success of the Australian Poetry Slam (APS) in 2012, the APS Finals were expanded in 2013 to become Word Travels Festival – a three-day celebration of performing writers’ events including panels, workshops, poetry bordellos, performances, poetry pioneers and more.
* Cardinal Spin publicised the World Travels Festival in 2013 and the State and National Poetry Slam Finals in 2012, executing strategic communications initiatives aimed at both attracting crowds to the event and showcasing the talent involved.
* Over the respective campaigns in 2012 and 2013, Cardinal Spin secured more than 140 media placements across print, radio, television and digital mediums. These included multiple television interviews and more than 30 radio placements.
* Print coverage highlights included the cover of both the Inner West Courier and City Hub, and features in the Daily Telegraph, Sydney Morning Herald, Central Magazine, mX and Canberra Weekly, among others.
* Broadcast highlights included radio interviews/news grabs on ABC Radio National (Books and Arts Daily), Radio Australia, triple j, ABC News 24 TV, 702 ABC Sydney, SBS, ABC Canberra, FBi, and ABC Central West.
* Online highlights included Timeout Sydney, The Brag, Mumbrella, What’s On Sydney and Destination NSW.
* Cardinal Spin also organised media attendance from key outlets at the various events including AAP, Spit Press, Timeout, Alternative Media Group, Brace Magazine, 2SER, Eastside Radio and Daily Telegraph.
* To promote the sale of tickets to the National Finals in 2012, Cardinal Spin also arranged giveaways through various media outlets and synergistic organisations including The Thousands, Sydney Writers Centre and TNT Downunder.